The Dhemaji College Teachers’ Unit (UNIT) is an unit of Teaching staff of the college, and is affiliated to Assam College Teachers’ Association (ACTA). ACTA is registered under the Societies Registration Act (1860), vide Registration No. 51/236 of 1956-57, and is an affiliated unit of the All India Federation of University and College Teachers’ Organisation. DCTU functions in accordance with the constitution of ACTA. DCTU has its existence since the establishment of the Dhemaji College in 1965. Since its inception, the unit has been striving to improve the education in the college and the locality, and has been working for the welfare of the teachers and students.
In concordance with the objectives of ACTA, the DCTU strives for the following objectives:
• To strive and contribute towards all round improvement in education in the college.
• To adopt such measures as are necessary for development and improvement of healthy, progressive and creative cultural life in the college.
• To safeguard and improve the conditions of service and status of teachers of the college.
• To render necessary help to the distressed members of the unit.
• To promote study and research in educational and other allied fields.
• To exchange information and ideas with students, parents and civil society for the all round development of the college and the society.
• To initiate and/or assist schemes for securing solutions to educational and other problems locally and nationally.
• To take such steps as may be deemed fit for the furtherance of the aforementioned objectives.
The executive members of the DCTU for the term 2022-23 are as follows:
President Prof. Kumud Bora, M.Sc., M.Phil.
Vice-President Dr. Budheswar Konch, M.A., Ph.D.
Secretary Dr. Muhammed Khairujjaman Mazumder M.Sc., Ph.D.
Assistant Secretary Dr. Manas Pratim Boruah M.Sc., Ph.D.
Design & Developed by Department of Computer Science and Application, Dhemaji College, Dhemaji-787057